The Asset Manager (AM) is a result driven leader responsible for maximizing the financial performance of Columbia Residential Multi-family properties and preparing and implementing strategic plans for long-term feasibility. This role oversees a portfolio of LIHTC multi-family properties as a relationship manager and problem solver. In addition, performs financial analysis; schedules and executes site visits and works closely with respective general partners and property managers to ensure long-term viability of the LIHTC asset. The AM reports to the Vice President of Asset management and Preservation and works closely with other departments within the company.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Oversee a portfolio of stabilized LIHTC properties providing recommendations for property improvements based on thorough analysis and experience.
- Reviews and understands limited partnership agreements, regulatory agreements, financing documents and other sources to determine enforceability of terms, financing structures and constraints, as needed.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of strategies to preserve aging properties in the Columbia Portfolio.
- Oversees refinancing of property loans, restructuring and recapitalization of portfolio properties with the goal of long-term financial sustainability.
- Reviews year-end financial audits for respective LIHTC partnerships.
- Reviews quarterly financial statements and annual statements, perform income and expense analysis, balance sheet analysis and budget to actual comparisons, and report quarterly to investors.
- Identifies properties with operational issues, investigate causes and facilitate problem resolution; work to resolve issues through collaboration with general partners, property managers, lenders, and governmental/regulatory entities.
- Conduct necessary annual site visits; more frequently for properties with concerns.
- Evaluate property management performance as required.
- Monitor reserve balances and oversee requests for release of replacement and operating reserves.
- Assign risk ratings, prepare Watch List reports and ensure implementation of actions to correct problems.
- Meet with and respond to investor issues and inquires as needed.
- Recommend and implement strategies for preservation such as refinancing, sale or restructuring.
Flexible Benefits Options
Because we know that compensation is not your only consideration when making a career decision, Columbia Residential offers a rich and competitive benefits package to our team members.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (AFLAC)
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance-based Bonus Program
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (including your birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Referral Program
Our Company Culture is Represented By These Core Values
Columbia Residential is the leading property management and Development Company in this region, specializing in the low affordable market. Our Mission Statement is:
- To provide quality, safe, and affordable housing for low and moderate income families.
- To provide an environment for its team members to excel and to be recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments.
- To provide the principals and partners a fair return on their efforts and investments.
As a growing company with more than 50 communities in the Atlanta, GA area, we are always looking to add professional and superior Community Managers to our management team to align with our Mission Statement and Core Value for the communities we serve.
If these Core Values are part of your attributes, we welcome you to join Columbia Residential!