Columbia Residential is a Southeast Development, Owner and Manager of Affordable, multi-family rental communities.
The Associate Project Manager, working under the direction of the assigned Project Managers will be responsible for creating, closing, managing and tracking development transactions.
Specific duties to include:
- Run financial models to assist with determining feasibility of transactions
- Assist with feasibility analysis and due diligence for new project opportunities
- Assist with preparing and submission of various financing applications, Tax Credit, HOME, CDBG, PBRA, etc.
- Work with Project Managers and Construction Managers to prepare, review and submit DCA required submissions 10% test documentation, Cost Certifications, Final Allocation Applications, architectural submissions, etc.
- Assist with analysis of State QAP and government funding applications
- Assist with tracking of potential financing sources and preparing monthly project draws
- Attend regular project meetings, financing, construction, owners, contractors, architects, etc. for specifically identified projects
- Assist Project Managers and Construction Managers during construction
- Attend on-site construction progress inspections for specifically identified projects
- Prepare and monitor reports to track lease-up and financial performance of properties to monitor benchmarks within the LPA
- Prepare applications for Equity Installments for Project Manager review
- Prepare documentation and closing of construction and permanent financing for Project Manager review
- Prepare materials, prepare materials, and attend community and planning meetings for projects
- Assist in sourcing opportunities for Columbia Residential, either projects, resources, 3rd parties and other
- Manage project components working with a senior project manager
- Commitment to the Columbia Residential Mission and Values
- Communication and collaboration with colleagues across the Columbia Residential platform (Development, Construction, Ownership, Property Management, Relocation, Resident Services)
- Commitment to learning and development
- With demonstrated proficiency and company need, expected to progress to project manager role with ability to take on primary responsibility for development project feasibility/analysis and project management
- Primary office location at Columbia Corporate offices
- Expected to travel as needed for out-of-town project management
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate or related field experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including high level proficiency in Excel
- Proficiency in developing and analyzing financial proformas for real estate transactions with multiple financing sources
- Experience in planning, organizing, and managing multiple projects
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Efficient in Microsoft Office software
- Base Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits – health, 401K, others
- Eligible for consideration for incentive compensation
Flexible Benefits Options
Because we know that compensation is not your only consideration when making a career decision, Columbia Residential offers a rich and competitive benefits package to our team members.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (AFLAC)
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance-based Bonus Program
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (including your birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Referral Program
Our Company Culture is Represented By These Core Values
Columbia Residential is the leading property management and Development Company in this region, specializing in the low affordable market. Our Mission Statement is:
- To provide quality affordable housing for low and moderate income families.
- To provide an environment for its team members to excel and to be recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments.
- To provide the principals and partners a fair return on their efforts and investments.
As a growing company with more than 50 communities in the Atlanta, GA area, we are always looking to add professional and superior Community Managers to our management team to align with our Mission Statement and Core Value for the communities we serve.
If these Core Values are part of your attributes, we welcome you to join Columbia Residential!