Position Title: Chief Financial Officer (Real Estate)
Job Class: Full-Time/Exempt
Report To: Chief Executive Officer
Working as a collaborative leader and member of the Management Committee, the CFO is responsible for enterprise-wide financial management and strategic financial planning, managing, and reporting on all fiscal and fiduciary affairs of the real estate development and property management companies, their affiliates, and the corporate entity.
The CFO collaborates with the principals of the development, ownership, and property management companies to develop and implement the company’s business plan to meet its strategic goals.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Oversees corporate financial planning functions, cash flow management, and maintaining relationships with lenders, investors, and other capital sources.
- Oversees all aspects of the accounting department including oversight of the budget process, tax preparation, and audits.
- Responsible for managing financial data, support, and reporting to assist in strategic decision-making.
- Oversees financial reporting, ongoing cash management, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of internal controls.
- Oversees the design, implementation, and maintenance of financial internal controls.
- Oversees banking relationships and drives strategic decisions about banking partners and account structures.
- Responsible for the financial and accounting team, strategy, and approach. This includes acquiring and retaining talent, providing technical guidance and leadership to the Controller, VP of Finance, and Accounting staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration, Master’s degree preferred
- CPA Designation preferred.
- Proven successful experience as a senior financial leader in a residential real estate development, construction, or property management company.
- Demonstrated experience in real estate-related capital markets activities, including debt and equity sourcing and investor relations.
- Knowledge of Property Management and Development Accounting.
- Knowledge software platforms, such as Real Page or Yardi, are preferred.
- Excellent analytical, financial accounting, treasury, and strategic planning skills.
- Enthusiastic and forward-thinking leader with high ethical standards, and strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage technology for efficiency.
Flexible Benefits Options
Because we know that compensation is not your only consideration when making a career decision, Columbia Residential offers a rich and competitive benefits package to our team members.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (AFLAC)
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance-based Bonus Program
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (including your birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Referral Program
Our Company Culture is Represented By These Core Values
Columbia Residential is the leading property management and Development Company in this region, specializing in the low affordable market. Our Mission Statement is:
- To provide quality affordable housing for low and moderate income families.
- To provide an environment for its team members to excel and to be recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments.
- To provide the principals and partners a fair return on their efforts and investments.
As a growing company with more than 50 communities in the Atlanta, GA area, we are always looking to add professional and superior Community Managers to our management team to align with our Mission Statement and Core Value for the communities we serve.
If these Core Values are part of your attributes, we welcome you to join Columbia Residential!
Don’t see the opportunity for you?
We’d still love to hear from you. Get in touch with us and we’ll let you know when future career opportunities arise.Contact Us