The Leasing Consultant interacts directly with prospective and current residents by marketing, showing and leasing apartments. The Leasing Consultant acts as the Company’s representative by responding to all applicants and residents in a courteous and prompt manner regarding leasing, marketing, and resident relations.
Job Specific Competencies
- Prepare the property for receiving guests prior to the time designated for opening office in accordance with established procedures
- Lease apartments and aggressively sell the products and services of the Property to which the associate has been assigned with an acceptable closing ratio as a member of the team effort to achieve the goals for the property to achieve and exceed budgeted occupancy percentages
- Assist with the day-to-day operations and functions of the apartment community such as answering the phone, taking work orders, data entry, planning/hosting resident functions, community newsletter, etc.
- Conduct site tours for prospects around the Property to introduce them to the Community amenities and show them the decorated model apartments and/or the vacant market-rate units available
- Develop, refine and effectively implement excellent telephone, personal sales and customer service techniques
- Design marketing campaigns to generate activity, cold calling to businesses in order to get hot leads and decorating units to become show units
- Maintains an accurate inventory of apartments available to rent, a list of prospective residents and a list of current information concerning renewals
- Contact current residents in person and by written correspondence to renew lease while negotiating the highest rent increase possible
- Prepare all lease-related documents, move-in, and welcome packages. Explain all lease documents to new and existing residents. Ensure all documents are completed accurately prior to resident move-in
- Pre-qualifications and rental verifications of prospective residents per company and housing regulations
- Follow established policies and procedures in the qualification, screening, and acceptance of applicants for residency
- Deliver resident gifts and assists in move-in/move-out procedures by inspecting units prior to resident’s move-in to ensure units are clean and rent-ready
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) for consideration
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent form 2-year college or Technical School preferred
- Sales and Customer Service
- Property Management Software and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) experience preferred
- Completion of in-house training within the first 90 days of employment
- Passion – Enjoys the work that they do and demonstrates a pleasant demeanor on the job and shows desire for success
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Exhibits behavior that is consistent with the Vision, Mission and Core Values of the Company; makes working environment enjoyable for self and others
The Leasing Consultant may be required to assist in special projects or activities designated by the Company or in the absence of the Community Manager and/or Assistant Community Manager. This may include due diligence, property acquisition/disposition, serving on or participating in company-sponsored or sanctioned committees, organizations, functions, etc.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete nor permanent and it may be modified at any time. At the request of their Supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
Flexible Benefits Options
Because we know that compensation is not your only consideration when making a career decision, Columbia Residential offers a rich and competitive benefits package to our team members.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (AFLAC)
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance-based Bonus Program
- Tuition and Professional Development
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (including your birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Referral Program
Our Company Culture is Represented By These Core Values
Columbia Residential is the leading property management and Development Company in this region, specializing in the low affordable market. Our Mission Statement is:
- To provide quality, safe, and affordable housing for low and moderate income families.
- To provide an environment for its team members to excel and to be recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments.
- To provide the principals and partners a fair return on their efforts and investments.
As a growing company with more than 50 communities in the Atlanta, GA area, we are always looking to add professional and superior Community Leasing Specialists/Leasing Consultants to our management team to align with our Mission Statement and Core Value for the communities we serve.
If these Core Values are part of your attributes, we welcome you to join Columbia Residential!