Columbia Residential is looking for a Senior Community Manager to become a part of our team! As a member of the Columbia Residential family, you will become an integral contributor to fulfilling the mission and vision of the company.
General Position Summary:
The Senior Community Manager is responsible for assisting the Regional Manager in maintaining the physical asset and maximizing the financial returns from that asset in accordance with the owner’s objectives. Has full responsibility for managing the day-to-day operations and direction and supervision of all staff to achieve the financial and occupancy goals of the community while maintaining the property in good physical condition and appearance.
General Job Competencies:
- Hire, train, and empower staff and build a cohesive team to achieve the property’s goals and objectives.
- Adhere to and ensure that all on-site personnel adhere to Columbia Residential’s safety program policies and procedures.
- Attend to the needs of residents, potential residents, vendors, and associates in a manner utilizing advanced skills in customer service to ensure that both the internal and external customers are treated with respect, have their concerns properly addressed in a timely manner, and are given proper information regarding policies, procedures, and practices.
- Inspect each vacated unit to determine necessary repairs and maintenance prior to next move-in. Re-inspect unit following completion of maintenance activities and prior to next move-in.
- Assists in preparation of annual budget to maximize income, control expenditures and maintain financial objectives to meet pre-determined budgetary goals.
- Supervises overall daily operations of the community, including, but not limited to marketing, unit and exterior property inspections and capital improvements.
- Perform related administrative duties, such as, preparation of reports, processing of forms and documents, preparation and monitoring of the annual budget, performance of all duties related to the purchase of goods and supplies; processing of all associate forms and documents; scheduling associate work time and leave time; performance of duties of subordinate employees in their absence assuring compliance with all applicable local, state and federal guidelines.
- Prepare and/or present information vital to the interests of the residents and associates in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage and oversee any critical incident that occurs on the property including resident, associate, or property incidents and handles all community emergencies.
- Responsible for all community cash management functions consisting of accounts receivable/payable and cash receipts.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of tangible assets and analyze budget variances and submits written findings to Regional Manager.
- Affordable Housing: Supervise the on-going compliance requirements and the annual compliance audits.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent form, 2-year college or Technical School preferred
Experience/Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Minimum two years experience in property management or related industry.
- Must have business and management principles to include strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership, problem solving, decision making, team development, customer service, delegation and follow-up.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills providing for effective communications with residents, employees, peers, vendors, owners, etc. and to assist in efficient operations.
- Computer software experience to include Property Management Software, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Strong understanding of Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), Land Use Restriction Agreement (LURA).
- Basic Understanding of Landlord/Tenant laws and applications, familiarity with state specific Lease and Addendums, Fair Housing/ADA regulations and application, OSHA & EPA requirements for property management industry.
- Based on the community program layer, must possess or be able to obtain within 12 months from employment; Certified Manager of Housing, Certified Manager of Occupancy and, Housing Compliance Professional certifications.
- Complete in-house training within the first 90 days of employment.
- Passion – Enjoy the work that you do; demonstrate a pleasant professional demeanor and show a desire for success.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Exhibit behavior that is consistent with the Vision, Mission Statement and Core Values of the Company; make the work environment enjoyable for self and others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Flexible Benefits Options
Because we know that compensation is not your only consideration when making a career decision, Columbia Residential offers a rich and competitive benefits package to our team members.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (AFLAC)
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance-based Bonus Program
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (including your birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Referral Program
Our Company Culture is Represented By These Core Values
Columbia Residential is the leading property management and Development Company in this region, specializing in the low affordable market. Our Mission Statement is:
- To provide quality, safe, and affordable housing for low and moderate income families.
- To provide an environment for its team members to excel and to be recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments.
- To provide the principals and partners a fair return on their efforts and investments.
As a growing company with more than 50 communities in the Atlanta, GA area, we are always looking to add professional and superior Community Managers to our management team to align with our Mission Statement and Core Value for the communities we serve.
If these Core Values are part of your attributes, we welcome you to join Columbia Residential!