Columbia Residential is looking for a Community Manager to become a part of our team! As a member of the Columbia Residential family, you will become an integral contributor to fulfilling the mission and vision of the company.
General Position Summary:
The Community Manager has full responsibility for managing the day-to-day operations, direction and supervision of all staff to achieve maximum financial and occupancy goals while maintaining the community in good physical condition and appearance.
General Job Competencies:
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, ADA, Fair Credit Reporting Act, OSHA, EPA, and all other Federal, State and Local laws pertaining to Multi-Family Housing.
- Hire, train, motivate and empower staff; build a cohesive team to achieve operational goals and objectives.
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times to residents, potential residents, vendors and colleagues to ensure all customers, internal and external are treated with respect, have their concerns address properly and in a timely manner, and are given the proper information regarding policies and procedures.
- Inspect vacant and rent ready units to ensure necessary repairs and maintenance are completed in accordance to the Company’s Service Delivery Standards. Must inspect the community exterior and address all liability and/or deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget to maximize income, control expenditures and maintain financial objectives to meet pre-determined budgetary goals.
- Conduct market surveys, create and implement marketing plans for ongoing success and high occupancy of the community.
- Respond to, manage and oversee all critical emergency incidents that occur on the community including residents, guests, employees and the property incidents. Must prepare all necessary reporting and notify Regional Manager.
- Oversee relative accounting transactions. Manage community cash function consisting of accounts receivable/payable and cash receipts. Main bookkeeping at all times.
- Maintain accurate inventory of tangible assets and analyze budget variances and submit written findings to Regional Manager.
- Perform related administrative duties such as, preparation of reports, processing of forms and documents, preparation and monitoring of annual budget, purchase of goods and supplies; processing employee forms and documents, schedule employee work and leave time; must perform the duties of the Assistant Community Manager and Community Leasing Specialist should the need arise in compliance with Federal, State and Local guidelines.
- Affordable Housing: Supervise the on-going compliance requirements and annual compliance audits.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent form, 2-year college or Technical School preferred
Experience/Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Minimum two years experience in property management or related industry.
- Must have business and management principles to include strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership, problem solving, decision making, team development, customer service, delegation and follow-up.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills providing for effective communications with residents, employees, peers, vendors, owners, etc. and to assist in efficient operations.
- Computer software experience to include Property Management Software, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Strong understanding of Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), Land Use Restriction Agreement (LURA).
- Basic Understanding of Landlord/Tenant laws and applications, familiarity with state specific Lease and Addendums, Fair Housing/ADA regulations and application, OSHA & EPA requirements for property management industry.
- Based on the community program layer, must possess or be able to obtain within 12 months from employment; Certified Manager of Housing, Certified Manager of Occupancy and, Housing Compliance Professional certifications.
- Complete in-house training within the first 90 days of employment.
- Passion – Enjoy the work that you do; demonstrate a pleasant professional demeanor and show a desire for success.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Exhibit behavior that is consistent with the Vision, Mission Statement and Core Values of the Company; make the work environment enjoyable for self and others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Flexible Benefits Options
Because we know that compensation is not your only consideration when making a career decision, Columbia Residential offers a rich and competitive benefits package to our team members.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (AFLAC)
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance-based Bonus Program
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (including your birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Referral Program
Our Company Culture is Represented By These Core Values
Columbia Residential is the leading property management and Development Company in this region, specializing in the low affordable market. Our Mission Statement is:
- To provide quality affordable housing for low and moderate income families.
- To provide an environment for its team members to excel and to be recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments.
- To provide the principals and partners a fair return on their efforts and investments.
As a growing company with more than 50 communities in the Atlanta, GA area, we are always looking to add professional and superior Community Managers to our management team to align with our Mission Statement and Core Value for the communities we serve.
If these Core Values are part of your attributes, we welcome you to join Columbia Residential!