Columbia Residential is looking for a Regional Service Manager to become a part of our team! As a member of the Columbia Residential family, you will become an integral contributor to fulfilling the mission and vision of the company.
The Regional Service Manager is a result driven leader responsible for maintaining the physical condition and marketability of the assigned communities. Effectively develops and leads strong maintenance service teams to accomplish short and long-term objectives to achieve established performance benchmarks.
Must maintain a high degree of trust, loyalty, and truthfulness as a Fiduciary of Columbia Residential.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Consistently proves to be dependable and knowledgeable leader.
- Monitors and provides support for accurate and effective record keeping methods including maintenance records; inspection records; and HVAC records.
- Fosters a professional image by setting a positive example to his/her staff.
- Can be relied upon to carry out the responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates sound decision-making ability.
- Able to effectively problem-solve issues and create positive outcomes.
- Follows instructions and completes tasks as assigned.
- Ensures that issues are thoroughly addressed and effectively closed.
- Displays understanding of standards of performance. Clearly communicates these and other necessary standards to property personnel. Measures performance against these standards.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills.
- Consistently participates in team and project meetings.
- Effectively utilizes training and coaching and other means to ensure employee’s performance consistently meets or exceeds standards of performance. Where necessary, identifies weaknesses in performance.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Effectively utilizes the tools available to monitor property performance.
- Minimizes expenditures for the property by preventative maintenance practices, eliminating or delaying expenditures, comparative shopping practices, and maintaining reasonable levels of inventory.
- Participates in preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Identifies problems and takes corrective action.
- Executes a preventive maintenance program and preserves the physical asset for the employment of staff, residents and investors.
- Performs routine inspections on the property to provide residents with a secure environment (such as checking railings, balconies, parking areas, lighting, etc.)
- Oversees the physical condition on all communities.
- Maintains the physical condition of all properties and UPCS/REAC readiness.
- Conducts physical site inspections. Makes recommendations for exterior and interior apartment improvements.
- Oversees and negotiates capital improvements and contracts.
- Develops scopes for capital projects.
- Manage capital projects including but not limited to overall tracking and management of projects.
- Responsible for project budget as it relates to maintenance or capital improvements.
- Assess and recommend maintenance improvements with budget recommendations.
- Evaluate suppliers and their services on a routine basis based on quality, customer service and pricing.
- Lead on-site maintenance staff in the diagnosis of problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, carpentry, dry wailing, exterior structure, and appliance.
- Obtain bids, create contracts and verify contractor insurance certificates to ensure they meet the requirements set forth by owners and management.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including all applicable safety rules and regulations, and all applicable local state and federal laws.
- Supports staff in hiring maintenance personnel as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is required.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Current driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- EPA Certified Universal.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification.
- Other license and/or certifications as required by state law.
- Minimum of three (3) years related work experience.
- Knowledge of a variety of skill trades including elements of construction/installation, carpentry, plumbing, mechanical and electrical, pools, household appliances, framing and finishing walls, doorways, roofs, and other elements of wooden structures. Install and repair sinks, drains and toilets, inspect, clean and lubricate mechanical parts of equipment. May perform basic welding and metal work.
- Must comply with all safety regulations including, but not limited to: the use of back brace, safety goggles and gloves when appropriate.
- Must be reachable at all times via phone except during approved time off.
- Some travel may be required.
- Proficient in MS office products, primarily Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Flexible Benefits Options
Because we know that compensation is not your only consideration when making a career decision, Columbia Residential offers a rich and competitive benefits package to our team members.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (AFLAC)
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance-based Bonus Program
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (including your birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Referral Program
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to access and analyze data more easily.
Our Company Culture is Represented By These Core Values
Columbia Residential is the leading property management and Development Company in this region, specializing in the low affordable market. Our Mission Statement is:
- To provide quality, safe, and affordable housing for low and moderate income families.
- To provide an environment for its team members to excel and to be recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments.
- To provide the principals and partners a fair return on their efforts and investments.
As a growing company with more than 50 communities in the Atlanta, GA area, we are always looking to add professional and superior Community Service Technicians to our service team to align with our Mission Statement and Core Value for the communities we serve.
If these Core Values are part of your attributes, we welcome you to join Columbia Residential!