The Service Technician maintains the physical condition and appearance of the site; and performs other “day-to-day’ duties determined by the service manager that will take into consideration the Technician’s skills, experience, and career goals, and how they best fit into the operational needs of the property. Based on the property assignment, the Service Technician may be required to perform the duties of the Service Supervisor.
Job Specific Competencies
- Provides service to residents in a prompt, courteous and professional manner and follows-up on service requests to assure the highest quality customer satisfaction
- Performs maintenance work for make-ready units as directed; service requests and repairs as directed; installs major appliances; all other tasks as assigned by the Service Manager
- Cleans, inspects and maintains the physical appearance of the community, all common areas, grounds, and building systems and corrects or reports deficiencies to supervisors
- Adheres to the company’s safety programs
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) for consideration
- Trade School preferred
Certificates and Licenses
- HVAC/Freon Recovery Certification
- EPA Refrigerant Certification
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator)
- Valid Driver’s License
- All other certifications required by state and federal law
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience
- Knowledge of variety of skilled trades, including elements of construction/installation, uses, repair, and maintenance including: minor carpentry, minor plumbing, mechanical and electrical, household appliances,framing and finishing walls, doorways, roofs, and other elements of wooden structures, installing and repairing sinks, drains and toilets, inspecting, cleaning and lubricating mechanical parts of equipment and may do basic welding and metal work
- Completion of in-house training within the first 90 days of employment
- Will be exposed on a regular basis to the outdoor environment; may also have moderate exposure to injuries; will be exposed to some level of noise when using power tools; hazards can be avoided with proper lifting techniques, MSDS, general safety training and wearing safety equipment
- Will be regularly called upon to work overtime and on-call schedules; while on-call, must be able to respond to calls within 15 minutes and be on premises of assigned apartment community within 30 minutes to complete resident/management requests
- Enjoys the work that they do and demonstrates a pleasant demeanor on the job and shows desire for success
- Exhibits behavior that is consistent with the Vision, Mission and Core Values of the Company; makes working environment enjoyable for self and others
The Community Service Technician may be required to assist in special projects or activities designated by the Company or in the absence of the Service Manager
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete nor permanent and it may be modified at any time. At the request of their Supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
Flexible Benefits Options
Because we know that compensation is not your only consideration when making a career decision, Columbia Residential offers a rich and competitive benefits package to our team members.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (AFLAC)
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance-based Bonus Program
- Tuition and Professional Development
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (including your birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Referral Program
Our Company Culture is Represented By These Core Values
Columbia Residential is the leading property management and Development Company in this region, specializing in the low affordable market. Our Mission Statement is:
- To provide quality, safe, and affordable housing for low and moderate income families.
- To provide an environment for its team members to excel and to be recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments.
- To provide the principals and partners a fair return on their efforts and investments.
As a growing company with more than 50 communities in the Atlanta, GA area, we are always looking to add professional and superior Community Leasing Specialists/Leasing Consultants to our management team to align with our Mission Statement and Core Value for the communities we serve.
If these Core Values are part of your attributes, we welcome you to join Columbia Residential!