Columbia Residential is looking for a Compliance Manager to become a part of our team! As a member of the Columbia Residential family, you will become an integral contributor to fulfilling the mission and vision of the company.
General Position Summary:
The Compliance Manager is responsible for assisting and supporting the development and monitoring of all aspects of compliance within the assigned portfolio. The person in this position will assist in coordinating all compliance activities related to affordable housing programs, including but not limited to, Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), HOME< TCAP, NSP, 1602 Exchange and Public Housing Authority programs ensuring compliance with all regulatory guidelines. He/she must demonstrate a proactive systematic approach to preventing non-compliance and complete all special projects as assigned.
General Job Competencies:
- Communicate and work with Community Managers regarding program compliance, including but not limited to, submission of 50058s, MTWs, TCs and other applicable program requirements.
- Review initial certifications and re-certifications within portfolio, prior to files being submitted to compliance for approval or items being uploaded into the AHA portal.
- Provide direct input in setting the priorities for the portfolio regarding compliance needs.
- Ensure the communities within the assigned portfolio have updated forms and other compliance materials.
- Ensure the accuracy of compliance data in OneSite and state data systems.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Ensure portfolio meets deadlines associated with re-certifications’ and program reporting.
- Train new associates on the affordable layers of their community and required paperwork, processes and deadlines.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and all applicable local state and federal laws.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) for consideration.
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years previous experience in the affordable housing industry.
Experience/Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate effectively with team.
- Ability to use a personal computer and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Knowledge of (property) site functionality.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set goals and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical and account calculations.
- Knowledge of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
- Ability to multi-task; make quick and effect decisions; and analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
- Ability to successfully delegate and to train.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Current driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Must have experience relating to the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), HOME TCAP, NSP, 1602 Exchange and Public Housing Programs.
- Currently hold HCCP certification or equivalent.
- Must be reachable at all times via phone except during approved time off.
- Some travel may be required Completion of in-house training within the first 90 days of employment.
- Passion – Enjoys the work that they do and demonstrates a pleasant demeanor on the job and shows desire for success.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Exhibits behavior that is consistent with the Vision, Mission and Core Values of the Company; makes working environment enjoyable for self and others
Equal Opportunity Employer
Flexible Benefits Options
Because we know that compensation is not your only consideration when making a career decision, Columbia Residential offers a rich and competitive benefits package to our team members.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (AFLAC)
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance-based Bonus Program
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (including your birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Referral Program
Our Company Culture is Represented By These Core Values
Columbia Residential is the leading property management and Development Company in this region, specializing in the low affordable market. Our Mission Statement is:
- To provide quality, safe, and affordable housing for low and moderate income families.
- To provide an environment for its team members to excel and to be recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments.
- To provide the principals and partners a fair return on their efforts and investments.
As a growing company with more than 50 communities in the Atlanta, GA area, we are always looking to add professional and superior Community Managers to our management team to align with our Mission Statement and Core Value for the communities we serve.
If these Core Values are part of your attributes, we welcome you to join Columbia Residential!