Columbia Residential is looking for a Community Service Technician to become a part of our team! As a member of the Columbia Residential family, you will become an integral contributor to fulfilling the mission and vision of the company.
The Community Service Technician maintains the physical condition and appearance of the community and oversees the curb appeal, general maintenance repairs, unit make readies, and the preventative maintenance for the community.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Provides service to residents in a prompt, courteous and professional manner and follow-up on service requests to assure the highest quality customer satisfaction.
- Performs maintenance work for make-ready units; service requests and repairs; install major appliances; all other tasks as assigned and directed by the Community Service Supervisor.
- Clean, inspect and maintain the physical appearance of the community to include common areas, grounds, and building systems. Correct and reports liabilities and deficiencies to management.
- Adhere to the Company’s safety programs.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) for consideration
- Trade School preferred
Certificates and Licenses:
- HVAC/Freon Recovery Certification
- EPA Refrigerant Certification
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator)
- Valid Driver’s License
- All other certifications required by state and federal law
- Minimum of three (3) years related work experience.
- Knowledge of a variety of skill trades including elements of construction/installation, carpentry, plumbing, mechanical and electrical, pools, household appliances, framing and finishing walls, doorways, roofs, and other elements of wooden structures. Install and repair sinks, drains and toilets, inspect, clean and lubricate mechanical parts of equipment. May perform basic welding and metal work.
- Complete in-house training within the first 90 days of employment.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to the outdoor environment; level of noise when using power tools.
- Must understand the Company’s safety standards to include proper lifting techniques, proper use of equipment, OSHA and MSDS.
- Must complete all safety training and wear safety equipment as applicable.
- Must be able to work overtime and on-call schedule when needed. While on-call, must be able to respond to emergency calls within 15 minutes and be on premises of assigned apartment community within 30 minutes to complete resident/management requests.
- Enjoy the work you do; demonstrates a pleasant professional demeanor and show a desire for success.
- Exhibit behavior that is consistent with the Vision, Mission Statement and Core Values of the Company; make working environment enjoyable for self and others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Flexible Benefits Options
Because we know that compensation is not your only consideration when making a career decision, Columbia Residential offers a rich and competitive benefits package to our team members.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (AFLAC)
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance-based Bonus Program
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (including your birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Referral Program
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to access and analyze data more easily.
Our Company Culture is Represented By These Core Values
Columbia Residential is the leading property management and Development Company in this region, specializing in the low affordable market. Our Mission Statement is:
- To provide quality, safe, and affordable housing for low and moderate income families.
- To provide an environment for its team members to excel and to be recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments.
- To provide the principals and partners a fair return on their efforts and investments.
As a growing company with more than 50 communities in the Atlanta, GA area, we are always looking to add professional and superior Community Service Technicians to our service team to align with our Mission Statement and Core Value for the communities we serve.
If these Core Values are part of your attributes, we welcome you to join Columbia Residential!