The Assistant Community Manager assists the Community Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operations of an apartment community and performs a variety of duties including, but not limited to, administration, leasing, accounting, bookkeeping, service, and resident relations. The Assistant Community Manager has primary responsibility for the collection and posting of all income due to the property.
Job Specific Competencies
- Collects and accurately posts all rent and other revenue payments and makes deposits on a daily basis
- Performs Property Management Software system updates on a daily basis to provide timely information regarding the activity and profitability of the Property
- Implements the eviction and dispossessory warrant procedures according to policies, procedures and state law
- Prepares accounting and month-end reports in accordance with Company policies, procedures including financial accounting statements (FAS)
- Processes previous resident’s files after the apartment has been inspected and prepares invoices for damage repair
- Creates and maintains positive relationships with residents in an effort to easily resolve issues and to make the property a pleasant place to live
- Answers phone and provides proper information or refers the call to the appropriate person and when needed, pre-qualify, show and lease apartments
- Conducts/coordinates the annual and interim recertification of residents and the annual health and safety inspections
- Inputs and processes site-based waiting lists
- Develops marketing strategies for leasing apartments, establishes goals for Leasing Consultants and ideas for improving operations and profitability
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) for consideration
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent form 2-year college or Technical School preferred
- Sales and Customer Service
- One to two years related experience
- Property Management Software and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) experience preferred
- Completion of in-house training within the first 90 days of employment
- Passion – Enjoys the work that they do and demonstrates a pleasant demeanor on the job and shows a desire for success
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Exhibits behavior that is consistent with the Vision, Mission and Core Values of the Company; makes the working environment enjoyable for self and others
The Assistant Community Manager may be required to assist in special projects or activities designated by the Company or in the absence of the Community Manager and supervise entire on-site staff. This may include due diligence, property acquisition/disposition, serving on or participating in company-sponsored or sanctioned committees, organizations, functions, etc.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete nor permanent and it may be modified at any time. At the request of their Supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
Flexible Benefits Options
Because we know that compensation is not your only consideration when making a career decision, Columbia Residential offers a rich and competitive benefits package to our team members.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (AFLAC)
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance-based Bonus Program
- Tuition and Professional Development
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (including your birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Referral Program
Our Company Culture is Represented By These Core Values
Columbia Residential is the leading property management and Development Company in this region, specializing in the low affordable market. Our Mission Statement is:
- To provide quality, safe, and affordable housing for low and moderate income families.
- To provide an environment for its team members to excel and to be recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments.
- To provide the principals and partners a fair return on their efforts and investments.
As a growing company with more than 50 communities in the Atlanta, GA area, we are always looking to add professional and superior Community Leasing Specialists/Leasing Consultants to our management team to align with our Mission Statement and Core Value for the communities we serve.
If these Core Values are part of your attributes, we welcome you to join Columbia Residential!