Columbia Residential is looking for an Assistant Community Manager to become a part of our team! As a member of the Columbia Residential family, you will become an integral contributor to fulfilling the mission and vision of the company.
The Assistant Community Manager assists the Community Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operations of an apartment community and performs a variety of duties including, but not limited to, administration, leasing, accounting, bookkeeping, service, and resident relations. The Assistant Community Manager has primary responsibility for the collection and posting of all income due to the community.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Collect and accurately post all rent and other revenue payments; makes daily deposits.
- Perform daily Property Management Software system updates to provide timely information regarding the activity and profitability of the community.
- Oversee the eviction and dispossessory warrant procedures according to policies, procedures and state law.
- Prepare accounting and month-end reports in accordance with Company policies, procedures including financial accounting statements (FAS).
- Process previous resident’s files to include move-out inspection and preparation of invoices for damage repair.
- Foster and maintain positive resident relations to promote a pleasant place to live.
- Answer phone calls and provide proper information or refer the call to the appropriate person. When needed, pre-qualify, show and lease apartments.
- Conduct/coordinate the annual and interim recertification of residents and annual health and safety inspections.
- Input and process site-based waiting lists.
- Develop marketing strategies for leasing apartments, establish goals for Community Leasing Specialist and ideas for improving operations and profitability.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) for consideration.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent form, 2-year college or Technical School preferred.
- Sales and Customer Service.
- One to two years related experience.
- Property Management Software and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) experience preferred.
- Complete in-house training within the first 90 days of employment.
- Passion – Enjoy the work you do; demonstrates a pleasant professional demeanor and show a desire for success.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Exhibit behavior that is consistent with the Vision, Mission Statement and Core Values of the Company; make the work environment enjoyable for self and others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Flexible Benefits Options
Because we know that compensation is not your only consideration when making a career decision, Columbia Residential offers a rich and competitive benefits package to our team members.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (AFLAC)
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance-based Bonus Program
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (including your birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Referral Program
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to access and analyze data more easily.
Our Company Culture is Represented By These Core Values
Columbia Residential is the leading property management and Development Company in this region, specializing in the low affordable market. Our Mission Statement is:
- To provide quality affordable housing for low and moderate income families.
- To provide an environment for its team members to excel and to be recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments.
- To provide the principals and partners a fair return on their efforts and investments.
As a growing company with more than 50 communities in the Atlanta, GA area, we are always looking to add professional and superior Assistant Community Managers to our management team to align with our Mission Statement and Core Value for the communities we serve.
If these Core Values are part of your attributes, we welcome you to join Columbia Residential!
Don’t see the opportunity for you?
We’d still love to hear from you. Get in touch with us and we’ll let you know when future career opportunities arise.Contact Us