Columbia Residential is looking for a Community Leasing Specialist to become a part of our team! As a member of the Columbia Residential family, you will become an integral contributor to fulfilling the mission and vision of the company.
The Community Leasing Specialist interacts directly with prospective and current residents by marketing, showing and leasing apartment homes in a courteous and prompt manner.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Prepare the property for receiving guests prior to the time designated for opening office in accordance with established procedures.
- Lease apartments and aggressively sell its products and services with an acceptable closing ratio to achieve established goals and exceed budgeted occupancy percentages.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations and function of the community to include answering the phone, taking work orders, data entry, planning/hosting resident functions, community newsletter, etc.
- Conduct site tours for prospects; offer introduction to the Community amenities; show decorated model apartment homes and/or the vacant market-rate units.
- Develop, refine and effectively implement excellent telephone, personal sales and customer service techniques.
- Design marketing campaigns to generate activity, cold calling to businesses in order to generate hot leads. Decorate units to become show units.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of apartments available to rent, list of prospective residents and, a list of current information concerning renewals.
- Contact current residents in person and by written correspondence to renew lease while negotiating the highest rent increase possible.
- Prepare all lease-related documents, move-in, and welcome packages. Explain all lease documents to new and existing residents. Ensure all documents are completed accurately prior to resident move-in.
- Conduct pre-qualifications and rental verifications of prospective residents in accordance to company and housing rules and regulations.
- Follow established policies and procedures in the qualification, screening, and acceptance of applicants for residency.
- Deliver resident gifts; assist with move-in/move-out procedures by inspecting units prior to resident’s move-in to ensure units are clean and rent-ready.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) for consideration.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent form, 2-year college or Technical School preferred.
- Sales and Customer Service.
- Property Management Software and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) experience preferred.
- Complete in-house training within the first 90 days of employment.
- Passion – Enjoy the work you do; demonstrates a pleasant professional demeanor and show a desire for success.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Exhibit behavior that is consistent with the Vision, Mission Statement and Core Values of the Company; make the work environment enjoyable for self and others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Flexible Benefits Options
Because we know that compensation is not your only consideration when making a career decision, Columbia Residential offers a rich and competitive benefits package to our team members.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (AFLAC)
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance-based Bonus Program
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time-Off (including your birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employee Referral Program
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to access and analyze data more easily.
Our Company Culture is Represented By These Core Values
Columbia Residential is the leading property management and Development Company in this region, specializing in the low affordable market. Our Mission Statement is:
- To provide quality, safe, and affordable housing for low and moderate income families.
- To provide an environment for its team members to excel and to be recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments.
- To provide the principals and partners a fair return on their efforts and investments.
As a growing company with more than 50 communities in the Atlanta, GA area, we are always looking to add professional and superior Community Leasing Specialists/Leasing Consultants to our management team to align with our Mission Statement and Core Value for the communities we serve.
If these Core Values are part of your attributes, we welcome you to join Columbia Residential!