Live. Learn. Grow at The Villages of East Lake apartments in Atlanta, GA
When your days begin and end in a home that is stylish, comfortable, and connected, then everything in between becomes inspired. We call that the East Lake Effect. Villages at East Lake residents thrive within a community that has led the nation for more than a decade with a holistic vision that unites housing, education, and community wellness in a vibrant and inclusive neighborhood setting.
Our villas and classic garden and townhomes are nestled within in a naturally elegant setting that features award-winning, on-site education, golf and other fitness and leisure amenities, plus convenient access to shopping, dining, downtown, and beyond. Contact us to schedule a tour and learn more about the East Lake Effect.
The East Lake Effect
The East Lake Foundation was established in 1995 to transform the East Lake neighborhood and create new opportunities for the families who live here. The results: East Lake is a trend-setting community that has led the nation for over a decade in its holistic vision that unites housing, education, and community wellness in a vibrant, inclusive neighborhood setting.
East Lake includes:
- The Villages of East Lake, a mixed-income apartment community with 542 townhouses, duplexes and garden apartments
- Charles R. Drew Charter, pre-K to grade 12 and Atlanta Public Schools’ first charter school, is a continually recognized leading educational institution serving more than 1,200 students
- The nine-hole, mid-length, public Charlie Yates Golf Course, home to The First Tee® of Metro Atlanta
- East Lake Family YMCA
- The East Lake Early Learning Academy
- The Sheltering Arms Early Education and Family Center for children from birth to kindergarten
Learn more about the unparalleled neighborhood schools of East Lake:
- Sheltering Arms Early Education and Family Center for children from birth to kindergarten
- Charles R. Drew Charter School for students in Pre-K through grade 12
It used to be that a neighborhood was the one-stop launchpad for life. You went to school in your neighborhood, walked home and played with friends in your neighborhood, and lived a full life right within your neighborhood. Thanks to the East Lake Effect, that neighborhood-style existence is possible once again in Atlanta.
Home to two early childhood education centers, Drew Charter School and its brand new Senior Academy, East Lake is Atlanta’s most innovative cradle-to-college educational ecosystem.
Residents enjoy Priority Placement at Atlanta’s top charter school–Drew Charter School–2012-2013 Georgia Charter School of the Year and one of the “25 Coolest Schools in America” by Scholastic Parent & Child Magazine.
The Villages of East Lake is a great place to live for people who want a sense of traditional neighborhood and the conveniences of intown living. The beautiful apartment and townhome community has tennis courts, a swimming pool and play areas and is encircled by the picture-perfect Charlie Yates Golf Course.
East Lake Family YMCA
East Lake is home to the YMCA – a cause-driven organization that focuses on youth development, for healthy living and for social responsibility. Driven by the belief that a strong community can only be achieved when we invest in kids, health and neighbors, The East Lake Family YMCA not only serves the needs of members living in the area but Charles R. Drew Charter School students also benefit from the state-of-the-art facilities that are attached to the school’s campus.
The First Tee® of Metro Atlanta
Formerly known as the East Lake Junior Golf Academy, The First Tee of Metro Atlanta is now part of the World Golf Foundation’s First Tee program. This initiative provides young people of all backgrounds an opportunity to develop life-enhancing values such as honesty, integrity and sportsmanship through golf and character education. The program serves East Lake children and teens (ages 5-17) at the Charlie Yates Golf Course, a public, nine-hole golf course designed by Rees Jones. Students in grades 2-8 who attend East Lake’s Drew Charter School learn about golf through physical education classes and other golf-related activities held during and after school, along with summer and Saturday programs and golf outings with corporate executives and professional golfers. To be eligible to participate, a child must currently attend or have graduated from Drew Charter School or live in the 30316 or 30317 zip code. For information, please call 404 373-4351 or visit The First Tee of Metro Atlanta website.
Features and Amenities
In the Residence
- Spacious floor plans up to 1,812 sq. ft.
- Elegant crown molding and chair rail – in select residences
- Huge walk-in closets
- Luxury vinyl plank flooring in select residences
- Private balcony or patio with storage closet in select residences
- Washer and dryer connections
- Handicap accessible
- Kitchen features dishwasher, disposal, gas range – in select residences
- Cable ready
- Golf course views – in select residences
In the Community
- Gated community
- Priority placement at Drew Charter School (currently PK-12)
- East Lake Early Learning Academy
- Sheltering Arms Early Education and Family Center
- Adjacent to fairways of Charlie Yates Golf Course
- Lighted tennis and multi-purpose courts
- Multi-purpose sports field
- Junior Olympic-size swimming pool
- Five playgrounds
- Picnic area with BBQ grills
- State-of-the-art YMCA on-site
- Clubhouse community room (currently under renovation)
- Courtesy patrol service
- Two laundry facilities
- Pet friendly (under 30 lbs)
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
- MARTA bus stop at community entrance
- Fitness center (currently under renovation)
- Business center (currently under renovation)
- Package room
- Because Columbia Residential is committed to providing a healthful atmosphere, our community and our apartment homes are non-smoking.