1, 2, 3, and 4-bedroom apartment homes and townhomes for rent at Columbia Brookside Classic Residences
Columbia Brookside Classic Residences is a brand new, master-planned, mixed-income community at the site of the former Jack R. Wells community.
Leasing is now underway for the classic apartments and townhome residences for families. Move-ins are underway for seniors ages 55 and above at Columbia Brookside Senior Residences, our second phase.
Both phases (Classic and Senior) are pursuing LEED® certification, and the overall development will be one of Georgia’s first LEED®-ND communities. Incorporating these certified design and construction practices means that residents will enjoy enhanced walkability, increased energy savings and efficiency, and improved indoor air quality. Sustainable design is part of Columbia Residential’s goal to deliver the best in class properties to the markets we build in. We are committed to designing and constructing sustainable properties and have built more than 900 LEED® certified apartment units to date, with upwards of 200 additional units under construction.
These LEED® certified properties truly go beyond green with various environmental, economic, and health benefits unique to each of our “green” communities. We are not just creating an environmentally friendly place to live- we are creating a healthier, cleaner, and more sustainable place to call home. To read more about the benefits of a LEED® certified home, click here.
Our Green Initiatives can be summarized as:
- Reducing our carbon footprint
- Building sustainable and efficient buildings that endure for the long term
- Minimizing impact to the environment we build in
- Providing higher degree of enhanced indoor air quality to our residents
- Conserving energy through designing a more efficient apartment building. In doing so, we are lowering our utility costs not only to our tenants, but as property owners as well
Columbia Brookside’s green features:
- Optimized energy performance with VRF system
- Ventilation provided to each unit via a whole building ERVMaximized day light and views
- Maximized day light and views
- Improved indoor air quality
- “Green” education for staff and residents as well as green friendly maintenance practices
- Public transportation access and walkable proximity to community resources
Mon – Fri
8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Saturdays by appt.
Features and Amenities
In the Residence
- Stylish black Energy Star® appliances, including refrigerator with ice-maker, range, microwave, and dishwasher, plus garbage disposal
- Breakfast bar or island with storage
- Pantry and 42-inch cabinets with contemporary slate finish
- Luxury, hardwood-style flooring in living areas and carpeting in bedrooms
- 9-foot ceilings with crown molding in living room, kitchen, and foyer
- Ceiling fans with lights in living room and bedrooms
- EarthCraft construction for lower energy costs and better indoor air quality
- Patio or porch* (*in selected homes)
- Wooded or town green views* (*in selected homes)
- Washer and dryer connections
- Walk-in closets plus coat closets* (*in selected homes)
In the Community
- 1, 2, 3, and 4-bedroom apartments and townhomes
- Community room
- Fitness center with TV
- Craft room for games and activities
- Computer center with WiFi
- Gated playground
- Lushly landscaped outdoor gathering areas, including gazebo and town green
- Wide sidewalks throughout the community for strolling or bicycling
- Community laundry room
- EarthCraft certified buildings as part of overall LEED® neighborhood development
- Pre-wired for security system
- Ample parking in lots plus on-street spaces
- Convenient public transportation access with two bus routes serving the community
- 24-hour on-site professional maintenance
- Dedicated, professional management by Columbia Residential
- Because Columbia Residential is committed to providing a healthful atmosphere, our community and our apartment homes are non-smoking.
Accessibility is as important as affordability. Columbia Brookside’s convenient location makes it easy to get to all of your destinations around Athens, including UGA, hospital campuses, plus shopping, service retailers, and dining. Two bus routes serve our community from the Hawthorne entrance, and a new bus stop inside our community on Brookside Blvd will be available later this year. When you want to take a more leisurely approach, there are also scenic trails for bicycling and walking.
2801 Green Lane