1 and 2-bedroom senior apartments in Athens GA at Columbia Brookside Senior Residences
Columbia Brookside Senior Residences is a brand new, master-planned, mixed-income community at the site of the former Jack R. Wells community. Move-ins are underway for seniors ages 55 and above. Leasing is now underway for the classic apartment and townhome residences for families. Both phases are pursuing LEED® certification, and the overall development will be one of Georgia’s first LEED®-ND communities. Incorporating these certified design and construction practices means that residents will enjoy enhanced walkability, increased energy savings and efficiency, and improved indoor air quality.
Sustainable design is part of Columbia Residential’s goal to deliver the best in class properties to the markets we build in. We are committed to designing and constructing sustainable properties and have built more than 900 LEED® certified apartment units to date, with upwards of 200 additional units under construction.
These LEED® certified properties truly go beyond green with various environmental, economic, and health benefits unique to each of our “green” communities. We are not just creating an environmentally friendly place to live- we are creating a healthier, cleaner, and more sustainable place to call home. To read more about the benefits of a LEED® certified home, click here.
Our Green Initiatives can be summarized as:
- Reducing our carbon footprint
- Building sustainable and efficient buildings that endure for the long term
- Minimizing impact to the environment we build in
- Providing higher degree of enhanced indoor air quality to our residents
- Conserving energy through designing a more efficient apartment building. In doing so, we are lowering our utility costs not only to our tenants, but as property owners as well
Columbia Brookside’s green features:
- Optimized energy performance with VRF system
- Ventilation provided to each unit via a whole building ERVMaximized day light and views
- Maximized day light and views
- Improved indoor air quality
- “Green” education for staff and residents as well as green friendly maintenance practices
- Public transportation access and walkable proximity to community resources
Mon – Fri
8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Saturdays by appt.
Features and Amenities
In the Residence
- Luxury, hardwood-style flooring in common areas and carpeting in bedroom
- 9-foot ceilings and crown molding in foyer, living room, and kitchen
- Stunning kitchens feature stainless steel appliances, microwave, garbage disposal, 42-inch cabinets, pantry, and breakfast bar
- Oversized walk-in closets
- Washer and dryer connections
- Ceiling fans in living room and bedrooms
- Fully accessible, including roll-in showers
In the Community
- Convenient elevators, plus wide, open hallways and interior mail room
- Community room with warming kitchen for library, dining, and dancing
- Hospitality suite complete with catering kitchen for resident events
- Fitness center and game room with Wii®
- Laundry room with full-size machines
- 20-seat movie theater with additional accessible seating
- Lushly landscaped outdoor gathering areas, gazebo, and courtyard
- On-site supportive services and resident activities
- Energy Star® appliances and LEED® certified green construction for savings on utility costs
- 24-hour on-site professional maintenance
- Dedicated, professional management by Columbia Residential
- Monthly Resident Activities
- Because Columbia Residential is committed to providing a healthful atmosphere, our community and our apartment homes are non-smoking.
Accessibility is as important as affordability. Columbia Brookside’s convenient location makes it easy to get to all of your destinations around Athens, including UGA, hospital campuses, plus shopping, service retailers, and dining. Two bus routes serve our community from the Hawthorne entrance, and a new bus stop inside our community on Brookside Blvd will be available later this year. When you want to take a more leisurely approach, there are also scenic trails for bicycling and walking.
100 Brookside Avenue